Manny Pacquiao on Time Magazine

Manny Pacquiao recently graced the cover of the latest TIME Magazine (Asia Edition). 20 years after former heavyweight Mike Tyson made it on the cover of Time Magazine and 9 legendary boxers, it's the reigning pound-for-pound king's time to shine and be the real man of our times.

The Gensan champ's cover title is "The Great Hope", which is very timely after the Philippines was severely devastated by several typhoons a month ago. The latest Pinoy pride is following the last Filipino to be featured on the cover of Time, the late Philippine President Corazon Aquino. She was named TIME Magazine's "Woman of the Year" in 1986, after toppling the dictatorship of former President Ferdinand Marcos.

The five page article feature of the boxing icon will also be included in the global and US TIME Magazine editions hitting newstands this weekend. Pacquiao is of course overwhelmed with the idea of so many people seeing him on the cover of the most prestigious magazine in the planet.



“I absolutely had no idea that when I started my career in boxing, to provide a better life for myself and my family, that I would now be where I am today and on the cover of TIME Magazine,” said Pacquiao. “A fighter’s dream is to win a world title and gain financial stability. But what is happening to me now is the most humbling experience of my life. It is a great honor for me to be the face of my people and to let everyone know we are a small but mighty country. I have great pride for all of the Filipinos living throughout the world and it is these people that I fight for each and every time I step into the ring.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment